Finally some Photos!! --Victoria Falls, Zambia

Finally some Photos!! --Victoria Falls, Zambia
View from the Helicopter

View from Table Mountain

View from Table Mountain
Cape Town, South Africa

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Botswana- Close Encouters continued..

In Botswana, we also travelled to Nxai Pan where we saw Springbok leaping for joy and in Nata, pelicans and flamingos were a welcomed surprise. The last night camping in Zambia, Rachel our chief spotter noticed a small brown scorpion on my tent. I thought it is only a baby can't do much harm...later to find out from my sister the small brown ones are the worse extremely painful..Yikes another close encounter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, as a fellow botswanian traveller, I think I need to dispel a few rumours about Julie!! And camping - was Julie a natural?? hmmmm.

Julie is right, we had an amazing time and it really was a trip of close encounters - Julie has only mentioned a few - but for the rest of us in Julie's truck (Manjiry, Jakki, Warren and Chris), Julie had her own fair share of close encounters - all on her own!!

Julie was probably the most organised for the trip (read - oh my god, only Julie could have a skirt that doubles as a handbag, and a hat that she discovers half way through, has some cunning holes specially designed for her sunglasses), and she certainly had some gear! I laugh, but secretly I'm a bit jealous - honestly!!

My long term memories of Julie will be comments like - "I know it's dark, and I have to have a shower - do I wear my torch while showering?" "Uh oh - I've lost my (wallet/lens cap/make up/....)", Can you just take a photo of me in front of (zebra, sunset, lake, national park sign, ferry, lion (!!), waterfall, etc, etc)".

Is Julie a natural camper? Well ..... it would probably not be her accomodation of first choice !! But she acclimatised very well. A lack of mirrors or hairdryer seemed to be a problem, I think Julie was the only user of the truck's side mirrors .. and that includes our driver! And the natural air conditioning did wonders to Julie's hair style! I would love to see Julie in Canada-life - I don't think I'd recognise her (nor her me, for that matter).

Julie was always last up, last organised - even though she had her own tent to herself, so double the amount of room that the rest of us had.

But Julie, you were great fun and I am so pleased you were on the trip with us. You had the mick taken out of you the whole time, which you responded to well. You are so genuine, such a lovely person.

Take loads of care, and let us know your next gadget purchases! As for photos - share, share, share.

Rachael
xx